Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 – Bloomington, IL is seeking an Accountant to assist in the preparation, analysis, and distribution of the financial statement packages. This includes follow-up to inquiries made regarding issued financial statements, as well as special projects assigned by management. Other duties throughout the year will include budget preparation for income statement and balance sheet, forecasting and journal entry write up and entry, cross-training with other staff accountants and special projects as requested by management.
- Process reconciliations on key balance sheet accounts, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, payroll accruals and inventory.
- Inventory review, analysis, and reconciliation.
- Creates analytical reports as part of the month end review process and works closely with operations center management on various analytical projects in support of overall operational efficiency.
- Serve as liaison to location managers, assisting them with accounting related issues
Labor analysis, cash flow, key stat reports, allocation of corporate overhead.
- Budget and forecast preparation.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of related experience
- Ability to define problems, collect and mine data needed for decisions, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot tables and Vlookups; proficiency in the use of other job-related Microsoft Office products and the Internet
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all employee levels, and present information, and respond to questions from managers or customers
- Comfortable with 5% travel
We Would Also Prefer:
- Knowledge of Lawson GL, AP or AR
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 12,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.