Senior IT Project Manager (R4011)
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager to work within the technology PMO. The position is responsible for managing all aspects from initiation through closing. This person will coordinate work performed by IS/IT staff, internal and external partners by defining project requirements and performing feasibility and needs assessments. This role often involves extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams. Project managers with Taylor routinely manage large multifaceted projects and programs that span multiple platforms, systems, companies, etc. and have significant impact to the larger organization.
*The position is located in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN and expected to be flexible to work from Eden Prairie and attend project meetings at Arden Hills and Mankato.
- Be accountable to the Project Sponsor for leading the successful delivery of a project according to measures of scope, time, cost & quality.
- Lead multiple projects of various types and sizes
- Provide business and/or technical leadership as needed for successful conduct of the project
- Applying project management principles and techniques to multiple projects. These projects can be large and span multiple IT and business departments.
- Work with Sponsor and management to determine and acquire resources as needed.
- Partner with business and technology leadership
- Assemble project teams; develop work breakdown structures, project schedules and budget.
- Assign individual and project team responsibilities.
- Manage team and individual deliverables ensuring they meet the defined timeline and quality
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation and time information per internal standards
- Organize work breakdown structure (WBS) and identify appropriate level of task definition
- Provide progress communication and financials based upon standards defined to team members, stakeholders, sponsors and organization
- Manage assigned projects from start to close
- Lead meetings at team and executive levels
- Manage and track assigned projects: This includes progress tracking, changes to scope, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
- Balance project scope/budget/timelines in accordance with requirements
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional teams and executives
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Clear and concise communication across levels of leadership in a matrix organization
- Track all project issues and assigned action items for resolution
- Successfully manage risk including contingency and mitigation planning
- Follow established PMO processes and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or related field
- 8+ years of experience in IT Project related duties
- Demonstrated success in implementing technology and business process change
- Excellent teamwork skills and excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Adaptable and flexible in complex situations with ability to navigate through conflict with positive outcomes
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Office, and SharePoint.
- Ability to deal with highly technical and complex projects
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle methodologies and best fit across ERP, web and other projects
- Strong knowledge of project management methodology, Agile, and Waterfall life cycles
- Travel up to 20%
- Project management certification
- Degree in IT/IS, project management, business or engineering
- Experience with customer facing applications
- Experience in print industry, supply chain, footprint/facilities, technology, or mergers/acquisitions
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top three graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.