Software Engineer (R5311)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Healthcare is seeking a Software Engineer to work in Dayton, OH to assist management in the development and definition of technical solutions to address customer requirements, assist in defining and implementing standards to improve the quality of the organizations deliverables and at times lead the team in implementing secure solutions for our healthcare customers. The position is responsible for assisting in the design, development and creation of healthcare applications sold to healthcare facilities across the United States.
The applications are designed to increase the productivity of the healthcare community by expanding the capabilities beyond the desktop to create a more responsive solution and incorporating new mobile platform and solutions. This includes writing applications that will support healthcare providers with the ability to complete their tasks anywhere in the healthcare facility, or patients to complete their forms or review healthcare materials in their homes or on the road, utilizing today’s desktops, mobile devices and browsers. The responsibilities include designing, coding, debugging, and securing complex healthcare applications for multiple device platforms and browsers. Third party software will be used in the department such as Corepoint or SMART on FHIR a set of open specifications to integrate apps with Electronic Health Records, portals, Health Information Exchanges, and other Health IT systems. This role will be required to become subject matter experts over time in Corepoint and SMART on FHIR.
- Become an expert in a highly configurable healthcare application, understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Assist other engineers in software designs, technical solutions and understanding the architecture of the application
- Work in an Agile Team with Business Analyst / Technical Product Managers, other Software Engineers and management to refine requirements and break down requirements into designs and development tasks
- New product development involving mobile & cloud environments.
- Stay current with software and industry trends representing a willingness and capability to quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Interact professionally and effectively with co-workers and customers
You Must Have:
- 3+ years of experience of Web Application development with ASP.NET, C#, HTML, CSS, & Microsoft SQL Server
- 1+ years of experience in developing and implementing solutions to secure software applications.
- Troubleshooting skills, isolating problems and communicating problems
- Requires Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience with Cloud based or hosted application deployment & support
- Experience with mobile first design and development for iOS and Android devices is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Networking and Security, Microsoft IIS Applications, Microsoft SQL Server scripting and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Experience with virtual environments (VMWare, VirtualBox, & HyperV)
- Developing automated unit tests using NUNIT
- Knowledge of Corepoint and/or Adobe Experience Manager
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.