Sr Software Engineer (R8955)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer. This position focuses on the design, modification, development, writing and implementing of software programming applications. This position requires familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position performs a variety of complicated tasks. This position has a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to lead small software development team comprised of on-site teams, off-site teams and/or remote workers.
- Apply established design patterns and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) best practices in their design and development of software solutions.
- Provide business teams with analysis, design, and programming services to modify existing, complex, programs and write new, complex, programs.
- Develop solutions that support the overall customer program by collecting specifications from and interacting with project managers.
- Create back-end services using .NET Framework and .NET Core technologies.
- Create web services to provide data and processes to internal and external clients using REST and SOAP technologies.
- Develop, maintain, and tune data access using technologies such as SQL, LINQ and Entity Framework.
- Document business processes, rules, component usage including instructions for use, functionality, descriptions, and activity diagrams of the system.
- Design, code, test, debug, document, and install programs to support Taylor and customer applications.
- Test websites to ensure they work properly and to determine that programs meet user needs. Correct any problems encountered during testing.
- Assist in code reviews and testing processes, procedures, and plans.
- Create and maintain unit testing throughout the created services.
- Remain current on new technologies and best practices in information technology industry.
- Be the driving force in bringing new technical solutions to Taylor.
- Serve as a mentor / lead to other IT personnel.
- Complete technical scope of work documentation in preparation for building customer solutions.
- Participate in knowledge sharing initiatives and corporate initiatives as requested.
You Must Have:
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming, .NET Framework, NET / C # / CSHTML / .NET Core.
- Web services experience.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience using an ORM like Entity-Framework.
- Microsoft Office product suite experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio).
We Would Also Prefer:
- Knowledge of using ReSharper to keep code clean.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Working with off-shore teams.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.