Customer Service Representative (R7774)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our team in Coldwater, Ohio! In this role, you will be responsible for answering customer and/or distributor phones calls related to placing orders and/or questioning specific pieces of orders already going through our facility.
Your Shift: Monday – Friday 11a – 7p
- Answers an average of 60-70 phone calls per day relating to customer orders, order questions, shipping status of orders, etc.
- Quotes prices to customers on semi-custom forms orders and assists customers in setting up new systems and/or orders.
- Follows up with expediter and/or manufacturing supervisors on order shipping status to keep customers informed of product deliveries.
- Issues credits to customers when necessary as well as enters package goods orders and completes other necessary work related paperwork when needed.
- Make “up-selling” calls to customers when time permits in an attempt to bring more business to the facility.
- Calls customers to verify order specific information when Order Entry employees are unsure of customer requirements.
- Maintain attendance according to facility guidelines as well as be able to work constructively with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. in performing daily responsibilities.
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior customer service related experience and basic computer operation skills, accurate typing ablity (30 WPM or more) are needed.
- Ability to read, interpret, and decipher general written instructions from documents such as work orders, safety regulations, operating procedures, or other job specific written documents.
- Must have exceptional ability to speak and communicate effectively with fellow employees and/or customers in person and via the telephone.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as respond in stressful and/or difficult situations with unsatisfied customers.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.