Order Picker - 1st Shift (R5039)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking an Order Picker in Dallas, TX. This person will be responsible for performing system and/or manual tasks to support inbound and outbound operations. This position is responsible for operating material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse while maintaining the organization of the warehouse.
- Monday – Friday, 6:30am-3pm. Overtime as required, including some weekends.
- Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise and similar items
- Operates material handling equipment that is standard in a shipping or warehouse environment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. in an incident and accident free manner
- Daily/weekly maintenance of forklift as prescribed in accordance with company policy. This includes but is not limited to, daily checklist, adding water to battery via watering device. Making sure forklift is not a safety hazard for self or others
- May conduct or assist with physical inventory counts
- Maintains safe work area – housekeeping, sweeping, mopping, pick up trash, broken wood chips on floor, safe removal of pallets from racks as not to damage or cause injury to self or others. Follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations safe forklift operation, safety harness
- Report damage made to or through visual inspection racking including but not limited to upright, cross beams and decking
- May report to Production, Purchasing, or Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor or Manager
- Load and unload trucks, freight cars, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling devices
- Coordinates and/or transports equipment, supplies, products and materials to and from one location, department or work station to another, using motor vehicles, hand trucks, tote boxes and other materials handling equipment
- Count, weigh and identify items by storage label and ensure they are appropriately stored, marked or tagged for identification purposes and fill orders or requisitions for materials and keep records of items issued and received
- Ensures that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, delivery receipts, customer orders and similar papers
- Maintains records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped
- Pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons and other containers prior to final packing for shipment.
- Ensures that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Operates standard or specially designed machines to place or arrange products in cartons, bottles, boxes and other types of containers and the operation of labeling, weighing and sealing machines.
You Must Have:
- Previous material handling equipment operator (MHEO) experience
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- Good verbal communication skills are necessary for communicating with press operators, coworkers and carriers concerning shipping requirements
- Achieve and maintain quality and/or production standards
- Follow all processes, regulations, safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Comply with Company Policies
- Attention to detail
- Typically requires a minimum of 0-2 years of related / relevant experience to position or specialization
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks to meet deadlines in a safe manor
We Would Also Prefer:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience operating a Cherry Picker/Order Selector
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- 1-year warehouse or job-related experience
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.