Business Systems Analyst (R3704)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join the North Mankato, MN team. This position will act as the liaison between IT and the business stakeholders. Relationship building, technical knowledge, and strong communication skills are important to the success of this person.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users (stakeholders) to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Participate in prototyping and designing new systems for the purpose of enhancing Taylor’s business processes, operations, and information process flow. (Solutions assessment and validation).
- Review, analyze and document the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems. (Enterprise Analysis)
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, testing and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Work with and act as a liaison between the Business and internal IT resources on evaluating, selecting, and strategically applying technology solutions to current and future business issues.
- Gain a solid familiarity with the business side of Taylor and the internal workflow(s).
- Ability to work hands on with specific projects with tasks; including but not limited to requirements gathering, scope definition, process mapping, system configuration, data mapping, data migration design and loading, and system testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully implement technology on time and within budget.
- Lead and/or assist with the creation of Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) and/or Use Cases/User Stories
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Provide detailed and abstracted information and visuals of systems and processes both current and future state.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of Taylor’s manufacturing processes including many different presses, printers and other supporting hardware.
- Effectively facilitate meetings with project team, users and business leaders
You Must Have:
- 5+ years of IT business analysis experience
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Proactive, results oriented approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
We Would Also Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- BA Certification (CBAP or CCBA)
- Large systems implementation experience (ERP)
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.