Equipment Operator (R4588)
Taylor Communications is seeking an Equipment Operator at its Dallas, TX label manufacturing plant. The position is responsible for setting up, operating, monitoring, and maintaining rewinding equipment, handling rolls of labels as they come off the re-winder, and packing label rolls into boxes and stacking on pallets.
- 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., two-week alternating schedule (3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
- Set up and operate rewinding equipment according to procedures and job specifications. Troubleshoot problems and perform routine equipment upkeep as required.
- Monitor quality of finished product according to job specifications and quality standards.
- Meet standards for output and waste.
- Prepare cartons and pack finished product.
- Handle labels so as to prevent any damage or errors on finished labels.
- Complete required paperwork (work orders, equipment logs, etc.).
- Prioritize work schedule as necessary to minimize production down time.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Maintain work area in organized manner.
- Completion of high school (or GED)
- Good verbal communication skills are required to coordinate the rewinding process
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (lifting up to 65 pounds, prolonged standing)
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive work
- Ability to follow precise detailed job specifications
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to read a ruler
- Mechanical aptitude
- Prefer one year of related machine operation experience
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.