Finance Manager (R6200)
Taylor Communications, Inc. has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications, Inc. is looking for a Finance Manager to join the Dayton, OH team. The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting Distribution Services leadership and key business & finance partners, who enables data-driven decisions that supports the success of the business. The Distribution Services Finance Team’s objective is to support Taylor through profitable revenue growth, cost savings initiatives, and optimization of operating cash flow. Key supporting deliverables include: (1) being the primary resource for all product solution financial analysis, forecasting, and accounting for Distribution Services, (2) providing timely and accurate margin analysis at the customer-level, (3) identification of key drivers of profitability and variances, and (4) drives greater predictability of financial results.
- Partners with Distribution Services leadership on strategy development and prioritization.
- Responsible for forecast planning and analytics, controls oversight for the Distribution Services organization which includes: distribution/warehouse facilities, logistics/delivery, inventory controls/management, indirect spend, product data management, and standard costing system/channelization.
- Develop a team of financial analysts into business partners.
- Active participation/member on the Distribution Services leadership team.
- Develops robust service/customer level profitability analysis tools/models for improved decision support. Further build-out of KPIs, dashboards and other management reporting tools. Further develop full and variable cost models.
- Provide proactive decision support to drive strategic initiatives.
- Supports capital and balance sheet inventory accounting and controls.
- Provide up-to-date COS data and gross margin insight to our finance partners in the business units to be leveraged for quoting customer accounts.
- Produce monthly financial reporting packages for actuals & forecast for Executive Leadership Team.
- Drive continuous process improvements in financial forecasting/planning for improved predictability and timeliness: continually improve financial forecast accuracy and transparency, further enhance footprint analysis, forecasting, and reporting.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of experience in finance and accounting field
- Prior leadership experience
- Experience supporting a manufacturing and/or distribution environment
- Demonstrate ability to lead change
- Strong communication skills – ability to articulate financial information to senior leaders
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving technics
- Knowledge of GAAP and strong financial acumen
- Strong business acumen
- Experience with Gross Margin & Rate/Volume/Mix Analysis
- Ability to take deeper dives into problem solving/analysis
- Ability to develop partnerships with peers and key customers to support a common goal
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.