Chief Boiler - Refrigeration Operator (R7328)
HyLife in Windom, Minnesota is a division of the HyLife organization that is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products, it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a Chief Boiler-Refrigeration Operator located in the vibrant community of Windom, MN.
- Maintain water systems, boilers, ammonia systems, air compressors and refrigeration systems.
- Perform annual testing, cleaning and inspections of boilers, pipe fitting and plumbing. Also cutting into existing lines and work with PVC galvanized, stainless, and copper.
- Operate troubleshoot, repair or replace pneumatic components, motors, pumps, rams, valves and fittings.
- Supervise all other steam fireman, engineers, etc. in the operation of the plant’s steam generation and distribution equipment.
- Accompany state boiler inspectors on all boiler inspections and follow up on all recommendations.
- Responsible for insuring complete compliance with all state regulations for the steam generating equipment.
- Other duties as assigned or required
- High school diploma or GED.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of team members.
- Boiler Class B License or a level 2B, and at least 1 year of experience.
- One year of industrial experience in ammonia refrigeration or the equivalent certification from a technical school.
- Must have strong problem solving skills, complete forklift training course, LOTO, and Hazard Communication training courses.
- Must keep license up-to-date and see that all workers under your supervision are properly licensed for the work they are performing.
- Must know how to weld and use a cutting torch. Should have thorough knowledge of pipe threading and welding.
- Must be familiar with standard boiler safety procedures, state laws governing boiler safety, and all company safety policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled