Mechanic Technician I (R4529)
Taylor Communications SCS is seeking a Maintenance Technician – in our Maintenance department to perform maintenance & repair of machines and equipment. This position will diagnose equipment, assist installations of machines as well as performing preventative and predictive maintenance.
- 2nd Shift: 4:00pm - 12:30am
- Trouble shoots electronic and electrical issues.
- Assist operators on difficult set ups of the production equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all types of equipment
- Perform effective emergency repairs on all types of equipment
- Assemble and install new equipment
- Complete daily log of activity
- Make modifications to existing equipment to reduce downtime and maximize production efficiencies
- Work closely with and be able to communicate with internal and external suppliers
- Keep accurate records
- Create requisitions for equipment and parts
- Provide technical support to all areas of Taylor Communications SCS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 years mechanical maintenance experience
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to operate band saws, grinders, table saws, etc.
- Ability to project a positive and inviting demeanor
- Ability to provide clear, simple direction to Operators
- Ability to work with numbers
- Maintains a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Perform a variety of tasks throughout the day in a fast paced work environment
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Reacts to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel and Word)
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.