Accounting Manager (R3055)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications, Inc. is looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee a team of Staff Accountants in our Dayton, OH office who support several company entities in various aspects of the financial cycle including; annual budgets, monthly variance analysis, forecasting and financial reporting. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Train, mentor and manage accounting staff. Ensure staff is highly functioning and the team is motivated. Provide feedback, conduct performance reviews and take corrective action when needed.
- Develop and implement systems and processes for gathering, analyzing, verifying financial information.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget and accounting.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Lead and participate in process improvements and documentation projects
- Facilitate and prepare company financial statements, including monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Facilitate and prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Prepare audit work papers/schedules, fulfill audit requests and reporting in a timely manner
- Perform variance financial analysis
- Assist with internal and external audits
You Must Have:
- Bachelors in Accounting with 7+ years progressive accounting experience
- 4+ years supervising and mentoring a team
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proven track record of success, leadership and being a self-starter; results oriented
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze details and identify financial issues
- Ability to identify, collect and organize data for analysis
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge in aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite
We Would Also Prefer:
- Proficiency in Oracle, Infor, SAP or larger ERP system a plus
- Multi-location accounting and consolidation experience
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 by continuously investing in the latest technology and the best talent. Fast-paced and forward-looking, Taylor rewards those who can grow our business ― and our people. Work-life balance is a priority here and you’ll see that in our compensation and benefits package as well. In addition to competitive pay and lucrative incentives, we offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ long-term potential.