Manager, Accounting (R3055 )
Taylor Communications, Inc. is seeking a Manager, Accounting to oversee a team of Staff Accountants in our Dayton, OH office who support several company entities in various aspects of the financial cycle including; annual budgets, monthly variance analysis, forecasting and financial reporting. Responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Position reports to the VP Finance, Controller of Taylor Communications.
- Train, mentor and manage accounting staff. Ensure staff is highly functioning and the team is motivated. Provide feedback, conduct performance reviews and take corrective action when needed.
- Develop and implement systems and processes for gathering, analyzing, verifying financial information.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget and accounting.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Lead and participate in process improvements and documentation projects
- Facilitate and prepare company financial statements, including monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Facilitate and prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Prepare audit work papers/schedules, fulfill audit requests and reporting in a timely manner
- Perform variance financial analysis
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Bachelors in Accounting with 7+ years progressive accounting experience
- 4+ years supervising and mentoring a team
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proven track record of success, leadership and being a self-starter; results oriented
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze details and identify financial issues
- Ability to identify, collect and organize data for analysis
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge in aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite
- Proficiency in Oracle, Infor, SAP or larger ERP system a plus
- Multi-location accounting and consolidation experience
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.