Estimating Representative (R8734)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: If you’re looking to impact people’s most celebrated life events, here is your opportunity! The Occasions Group (formerly known as Carlson Craft), the preferred printing partner for all of life's events, is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Estimating Representative to join their team in North Mankato, MN! In this role you will be responsible for preparing and reviewing custom quotes, processing orders, and following up with customers to close the sale. You will need to have strong communication skills and be committed to providing a first class customer experience, offering solutions, and growing sales. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a desire and passion for providing top-notch quality and service in a fast paced environment.
Your Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Receive and respond to quote requests from internal and external partners
- Communicate effectively with customers via phone and email
- Use propriety costing tool to calculate manufacturing and printing costs
- Review and research for ideal target pricing
- Quote alternative items as needed
- Upsell coordinating items
- Proactively follow up on custom quotes to close the sale
- Answer customer’s inquiries regarding quotes, orders, products and services
- Work with vendors to ensure quotes and orders are handled in a timely fashion
- Assist other departments as needed with incoming call volume and costing projects
You Must Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Software – particularly Excel and Outlook)
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Solid mathematical aptitude
- Ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and analytical
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Good organizational skills
- Must work well independently and within a team
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.