Sr. OpenText Exstream Developer (R6717)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Communications SCS is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor is seeking a Senior OpenText Exstream Dialogue Software Developer to join our team in our Fort Worth, Texas location to focus on our Taylor Communications SCS division. This critical position will play a key role in designing, modifying, developing, and implementing software programming applications.
- Design & develop Exstream templates
- Testing, maintaining, supporting, and documenting templates and document applications
- Fluent with document design and Exstream Admin functions
- End to end delivery and deployment of Application Packages
- Review code changes for other Exstream develop and approve them for production release
- Performs testing for developed applications.
- Learn and maintain legacy systems and custom applications
- Assist with creating standards and architecting new client solutions in Exstream.
- Assure that all work performed on projects adheres to standards.
- Clearly communicate verbally and in written form – articulating complex thoughts and ideas in small or large group settings
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment with various personalities
- Work with limited direction on assignments.
- Stays current with software and industry trends.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Production to assist with print issues.
- Ensures the operating efficiency of existing application systems. Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions.
- Mentorship of junior developers
You Must Have:
- 10+ years’ experience object-oriented design/development using general purpose languages
- 10+ years’ experience utilizing OpenText Exstream Composition software, including design, development and implementation of technical solutions utilizing the tool
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
- Ability to handle and keep track of a multitude of assignments at one time
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills and a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Keen eye for Quality and process
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Expertise with Windows development environment
- Proven PDF/Postscript Technology Experience (Parsing, Generating, Manipulating)
- Software design patterns
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive Team Member
- No sponsorship provided
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience utilizing XML input and output formats
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages and SQL Server
- Previous print and mail experience
- Knowledge of other composition tools a plus (Quadient, Compart, Solimar, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile development process.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications SCS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.