Supervisor, Credit and Collections (R7510)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: ComplyRight is seeking a Credit & Collections Supervisor in our Pompano Beach, FL location. The Credit & Collections Supervisor operates in a fast paced environment and is responsible for the successful supervision of Associates whose primary activity is the collection of accounts receivable and credit review of orders prior to shipment for a designated portfolio of accounts. This position will make business decisions in accordance with established policies, practices, and procedures in a manner that will contribute to the profitability of the company. The Credit & Collections Supervisor is responsible for assisting their collectors with challenging and/or difficult collection cases which includes overseeing credit relationships with major third party customers for collection and reconciliation purposes.
- Discusses delinquent accounts with subordinates, sales personnel, and advises them on sound credit/collection practices
- Contacts customers regarding delinquent invoices or payment discrepancies
- Ensures accurate records of collection activity are maintained
- Obtains approval of the Finance Manager regarding payment plans and settlements when necessary
- Closely monitors customer balances and receivable aging’s
- Assess credit risk and establish credit limits for new and /or current customers
- Use D&B reports, trade references, financial documents, history and online data
- Negotiate customer disputes to resolution
- Effectively collaborate with internal groups
- Cash application group to ensure accuracy of aging report
- Customer service to resolve invoicing disputes and gather necessary paperwork
- Sales teams on delinquent accounts
- Monitor and initiate call schedules to make sure all customers with balances in aging buckets are contacted by the collection team.
- Prepare report analysis of A/R trending reports (i.e. aging reports, aging tracking)
- Consults with the Finance Leaders regularly on credit exposures and delinquencies
- Manages and controls the assigned receivable portfolio by direct involvement with customers and sales personnel
- Carries out special projects and assignments as delegated
- Maintains positive customer relationships and provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Keeps the Finance Leader informed of issues within the areas of assigned responsibility and escalates issues beyond scope of authority to the appropriate party
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of similar Credit/Collections experience in high volume (B2B) distribution environment OR High School diploma with 7+ years of similar Credit/Collections experience in a high volume (B2B) distribution environment OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to keep the Finance Leader informed of issues within the areas of assigned responsibility and to escalate issues beyond scope of authority to the appropriate party
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of automated A/R software is required
- Effective time management skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage time lines, and work independently or collaboratively to accomplish organizational objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills are required
- Ability to analyze data, problem solve, and recommend solutions to issues as they arise
- The ability to develop action plans and effectively coordinate and manage projects from inception through timely completion
- Ability to effectively manage a team, solve internal employee relations issues, and lead by example
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel & Word) is required
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Ability to foster strong, open lines of communication across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adhere to ComplyRight/Taylor Corporation standards of conduct policy
We Would Also Prefer:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
ComplyRight is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.