Account Manager II (R4245)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking an Account Manager II. The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with customers on behalf of the company by ensuring that all customer requirements and needs are completely met. The AM must convey to the customer a sense of expertise in our products and solutions. The AM is also responsible for communicating customer requirements to other teams, in accordance with company policies and procedures. In this role, success begins to be measured by how well the AM improves profitability and health of the account.
The AM is viewed as the go-to person for even the most complex and challenging internal or external scenarios and will develop creative solutions to resolve challenges. The ability to seek and accept feedback from others while learning to help others receive similar constructive feedback is an important part of this role.
The AM plays an integral part in meeting all company goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team
- Contribute to the company’s goals of achieving cost efficiencies by maintaining high productivity and quality standards.
The Account Manager is responsible for supporting the company vision and mission. Because this role will be in contact with current and prospective customers, it is a strong position to influence satisfaction and our company prosperity. Accordingly, this role requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Own strategic client relationships & adherence to contractual SLA & business requirements
- Foster a customer-focused team of driven individuals with an eye for continuous improvement and raising our level of service. Implement change when possible and recommend broader changes to leadership.
- Manage and maintain various initiatives or programs to optimize organizational output.
- Research and make recommendations for potential product enhancements or modifications to increase sales and profitability. This requires a strong understanding of the capabilities of the production facilities in our network.
- Review project proposals and determine the time needed to complete a proposed project.
- Own and manage escalations and concerns on behalf of customers immediately ensuring thorough root cause and permanent resolution.
- Lead and engage direct with client on projects, meetings & overall account support and initiatives.
- Lead and/or act as main contact in client technology initiatives and implementations. This includes owning completion of action items assigned to CS.
- Streamline internal customer experiences, to build trust and further partnerships with Sales to maximize selling time through collaboration, alignment, strong process orientation, data-driven decisions, increased automation, risk mitigation and KPIs.
- The AM is the liaison between internal and external stakeholders.
- Work independently and guide others to deliver a consistent, exceptional customer experience every time.
- Manage all communication – written, phone and in-person – professionally, proactively and efficiently.
- Resolve all customer needs including orders, requests and follow-ups across multiple systems and functions in a courteous, efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Understand and appropriately use the company pricing system and policies while increasing the knowledge of those around them to do the same.
- Work independently and coach others to deliver a consistent, exceptional customer experience every time.
- Successfully establish, manage and exceed customer expectations throughout any engagement while also helping team members grow in this responsibility.
- Serve as a “go to” resource to help team members resolve issues and help them grow their problem solving skills. Know when to escalate and reach out to cross-functional partners for support and expertise.
- Share system and process subject matter expertise with the team and other cross-functional partners to raise our level of overall performance.
- Openly communicate with peers, internal customers, management, operations, and learning & development staff to promote customer service needs and departmental standards and goals.
- Review a variety of work product from across the organization for accuracy and improvement opportunities; provide constructive and documented feedback as needed.
- Set priorities, track activity, manage workflow, identify opportunities and help allocate resources to meet customer deadlines and build strong business relationships.
- Understand and help the customer articulate their needs while helping other team members grow in this responsibility.
- Effectively present and discuss the products and services of the company to customers in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity, and superior understanding and delivery of customer needs.
- Coordinate and supervise complex customer and company-focused projects and deliverables.
- Possibility of 1-4 direct reports.
You Must Have:
- 4 year University Degree in Business or other related field OR
- 8+ years of experience in customer service or sales.
- 4+ years’ experience in project management. Demonstration of excellent time management skills.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Print, marketing or promotional product experience a plus
- Strong MS Office skills with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Advanced computer experience and ability to implement new technologies.
- Team Atmosphere
- Driven, self-motivating individuals will flourish
- Highly customized solutions with an intense customer focus
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Appearance and professionalism at all times must represent the company image
- Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity all the while making it easy for our customers
- Role typically reports to a Customer Service Supervisor or Customer Service Manager
About Taylor Communications
Taylor Communications Inc. is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.