Equipment Operator (R6804)
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is seeking an Equipment Operator I that will be responsible for operating equipment efficiently and producing high quality printed materials in a time sensitive environment. This includes cleaning and performing preventative maintenance on the equipment and inventory control and inspection of products.
- Read and understand a job ticket to ensure the correct product is produced according to specifications.
- Manage workflow effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Operate multiple variations of finishing equipment and perform setups according to client’s specs.
- Visually inspect product throughout the run for quality checks, registration, fold dimensions, scores, perfs, tabs and glue placement any and all that pertain to job in process.
- Inspect finished product for quality and accuracy.
- Perform and document QA checks every 15 minutes throughout run.
You Must Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read, and interpret general instructions and numerical data.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Punctual and willing to work overtime as needed.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Minimum of two years previous digital press experience.
We Would Also Prefer:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
About Our Company
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.