Billing Associate (R5823)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is seeking a Billing Specialist to coordinate large customer billing, analysis, and related reporting. This role supports and understands current business processes throughout all departments within the organization; utilizes analysis, IT skills and business knowledge on projects to identify solutions to customers’ unique requirements.
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Prepare complex consolidated bills and related reports within strict deadlines.
- Investigate all concerns/issues on past due invoices to ensure timely payment.
- Prepare “easy glance” spreadsheets and monthly updates for specific accounts including Revenue and cost Reconciliation worksheets.
- Complete reconciliation reports, as needed
- Recommend, maintain and update business process instructions as required.
- Monitor and develop process improvements, including documentation, to meet the needs of the business and customers.
- Interact with the operations management team and sales team in developing billing and reporting requirements for customers.
- Upload journal entries and budgets to General Ledger.
You Must Have:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year of related/relevant billing and order management experience, preferably in a manufacturing or service environment.
- Strong understanding of business processes and associated flow of data and information between systems.
- Strong communications skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers and employees both verbally and written.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment which includes cross training and fact finding to enable successful outcomes.
- Ability to work under stress, with interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills in Word and Excel (including knowledge of pivot tables, V-lookup and formatting skills).
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience utilizing data from multiple systems or sources to produce a comprehensive set of information, free of duplication and inconsistency.
- Ability to write simple to somewhat complex reports and business correspondence
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in sometimes complex situations.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
“Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.”