Bindery Operator (R7986)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Bindery Operator to work in Monroe Township NJ. The position is responsible operating various machines and equipment used in binding documents (statements, invoices, books, etc.) as well as hand assembles related printed materials.
- Monday - Friday (Saturdays as required)
- 2nd Shift, 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Operates equipment such as punches, round corner, collator, foliotronic, and other bindery equipment to punch holes, fasten sheets together, or to perform other document binding functions such as collating, trimming, folding, stapling, and gluing operations.
- Examines collated, bound, and unbound documents to ensure that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn, loose, and uneven pages, and loose or uncut threads.
- Performs various hand operations such as; inserting illustrated pages, extra sheets, and collated sets into kits, catalogs, periodicals, etc. as well as inserts sheets and applies labels to various products.
- Wraps product in plastic, using shrink wrapping machine, packs products in boxes, and tapes lids of boxes shut appropriately for proper shipping.
- Removes, stacks, packs, and transports printed materials in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on delivery tables of specific equipment.
- Maintain attendance according to facility guidelines as well as be able to work constructively with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. in performing daily responsibilities..
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is necessary
- Ability to read, interpret, and decipher general written instructions from documents such as work orders, parts orders, safety regulations, operating procedures, or other job specific written documents. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with fellow employees.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to clear DOJ background screen for RX Security Printers.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation:
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.