Equipment Operator (R4606)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for an innovative and detail-oriented Equipment Operator who will be responsible for operating one or more production machines that produce all sorts of occasion stationeries, such as invitations, announcements, and much more!
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to gain knowledge, experience, and advancement opportunities, as well as the desire and passion for providing top-notch quality and service.
Actual duties may vary depending on the needs of the functional area.
- Set up and operate a printing press to produce special occasion items such as invitations, napkins, holiday cards, etc.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and printing issues, making adjustments and corrections to meet production and quality standards as needed
- Inspect finished products for imperfections and proofread to ensure copy is correct
- Change ink, foil, and die cuts per instruction
- Pull appropriate amounts of stock for various orders
- Periodically washing press with solvent and perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday - 6:00 am - 6:30 pm
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and challenging environment
- Ability to discern between different shades of color and to pick out fine details
- Ability to understand verbal and written instruction
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to learn and utilize computer programs for order processing
- Strong team player with a positive attitude towards work and others
- Basic math and problem-solving skills required
- Production experience preferred, but not required
- Mechanically inclined a plus, but not required
- Willing to look at new and innovative ways to improve methods and processes
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.