Order Picker (R4434)
Taylor Communications is seeking a Warehouse Inventory Picker to work in our Jeffersonville, IN location.
- 3:30pm – 12:00am
- Monday – Friday
- Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise and similar items.
- Operates material handling equipment that is standard in a shipping or warehouse environment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. in an incident and accident free manner.
- May conduct or assist with physical inventory counts.
- Maintains work area and follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Load and unload trucks, freight cars, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling devices
- Count, weigh and identify items and ensure they are appropriately stored, marked or tagged for identification purposes and fill orders or requisitions for materials and keep records of items issued and received.
- Ensures that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons and other containers prior to final packing for shipment.
- Ensures that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training.
- Previous material handling equipment operator (MHEO) experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience operating a Cherry Picker.
- Experience in a fast paced environment.
- One year warehouse or job-related experience.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.