Director, Operations (R5177)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Director of Operations - Print and Mail/Critical Communications for our Grove City, Ohio facility. This role will direct and control the production, quality assurance, and administrative segments of the Plant's operations. This position is responsible for assuring attainment of profit, growth and market penetration objectives according to plan, as well as providing support to the Sales team to achieve customer service objectives, interacting with Sales personnel and Customers, and actively engaging in positive management leadership to build and maintain a positive and productive work environment for all personnel in the facility.
- Selects, develops, trains and motivates staff to ensure attainment of short and long term growth objectives
- Directs the Production Manager and Shift Supervisors in the operation of a multiple shift manufacturing facility, including development of a highly responsive production team
- Directs the plant team on quality & service improvement and continuous improvement in all aspects of the business
- Develops and improves measurement and control systems to ensure highly effective performance in the areas of productivity, quality and cost containment
- Develops business plans and budgets to contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the Company
- Oversees the effective management of inventory control, warehousing, planning/scheduling and delivery
- Keeps Director of Manufacturing apprised of progress toward objectives through monthly progress reports and financial reporting
- Identifies areas requiring improvements and ensures the appropriate production or administrative functional areas implement necessary actions
- Directs the development of preventive maintenance programs for the physical facility and plant equipment
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA and company standards for all employees
- Supports the implementation of automated systems throughout the plant
- Remains informed of competitive activities, trends in the market, as well as maintains a sound relationship with customers
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Graphic Arts, Printing Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years’ broad management experience in a print manufacturing plant
- Previous experience in purchasing, automated inventory control, budgeting and productivity measurement
- Must have experience working with piece level tracking integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of all functional areas (manufacturing, finance, sales/marketing, etc.)
- Strategic planning and demonstrated skills at writing implementable business plans
- Adaptability; ability to balance needs of production and sales/customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate PC Skills - Computer / measurement systems knowledge; proficient in spreadsheet applications, web browser / internet navigation
- Strong planning / organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate employees
- Results oriented
- Ability to find innovative approaches to solving problems and accomplishing goals
- Ability to travel 10%.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- 10+ years’ broad management experience in a Critical Communications/Print and Mail manufacturing plant environment
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 by continuously investing in the latest technology and the best talent. Fast-paced and forward-looking, Taylor rewards those who can grow our business ― and our people. Work-life balance is a priority here and you’ll see that in our compensation and benefits package as well. In addition to competitive pay and lucrative incentives, we offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ long-term potential.