Marketing Intern (R3758)
Innovation Center – Marketing Intern
Taylor Corporation is seeking a marketing intern to join the Taylor Corporation Innovation Center team! We are looking for an innovative, resourceful, energetic, and talented individual who is ready to take the next step towards their career. This is a great way to develop real life experience in a business-to-business corporate marketing environment. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills while also contributing to new and existing initiatives as part of a fast-paced team within a large enterprise organization.
The chosen candidate will work in close collaboration with the Innovation Center Manager, Taylor Corporation Director of Marketing, and a team of other interns. As a marketing intern, you will be responsible for creating content calendars, brainstorm article topics, interview IT department stakeholders, and write and edit articles for a monthly newsletter that is delivered to over 1,000 Taylor IT professionals. This is a paid, real-world learning experience that will help set you on a bright career path with the potential for full-time placement within one of our companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Minimum 20 hours per week and a maximum of 30 hours per week, flexible schedule
This internship position will involve a range of creative facets and will require excellent attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks on tight deadlines, and strong communication skills.
- Write 1-2 page articles on Technology topics based on interviews and collaboration across IT teams
- Work with company leadership to plan communication and announcements
- Maintain language and brand consistency across articles and assemble graphics and article layout
- Proof and edit the work of others, as well as your own, to ensure consistency in style and tone
- Interview target audience and stakeholder motivations using surveys, market research, and interviews
- Provide research findings on technology launches, departmental updates, and competitive landscape
- Monitor internal and external news and developments relating to, or impacting, target audience
- Work both individually and within a team to produce defined project deliverables on tight deadlines
- Effectively communicate in verbal, visual, and written formats
- Pursuing or recently attained a degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, IT, or other related disciplines
- Able to provide relevant work samples that demonstrate writing and research capabilities
- Must display excellent copy-writing and research skills, interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, ask questions, quickly adapt, and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Publisher), Google Documents, and Skype
- Must be highly collaborative and open to constructive feedback from peers and stakeholders
- Comfortable with contacting and interviewing individuals to build a story
- Capable of strategically managing and prioritizing multiple tasks on tight timelines
- Strong organizational skills and enjoys problem-solving
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Must be able to work out of our North Mankato, MN office starting in August 2019
- Interest or experience in project management, social media, and analytics is beneficial, but not necessary for employment
HOW TO APPLY:
You may submit your resume for consideration via http://jobs.jobvite.com/taylorcorp/. Only candidates who most closely match the requirements will be contacted.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., is one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies (with over 11,000 employees) are located across North America, China, and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies in addition to millions of small businesses and consumers.
To learn more about the Taylor Corporation Innovation Center, visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/TCInnovationCenter.