Sr. Product Engineer (R8189)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Senior Product Engineer in the Labeling Solutions business unit. Located in Dayton, OH, this position will be responsible for both R&D of new product lines and features, as well as process improvement through equipment modifications.
- Develop new products and features for Labeling Solutions to service our B to B product line.
- Work with our manufacturing platform located nationwide to improve processes and equipment capabilities producing the label product line.
- Work with equipment vendors on new equipment selection, purchase, and installation within our manufacturing network.
- Apply a material science background in testing and qualifying materials to meet the form, fit and function of our customer's application.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering - preferably ME or equivalent.
- Experience in both equipment feature design as well as implementation of the design in a manufacturing environment.
- Material Science background to understand the composition and physical attributes of raw materials used in the manufacturing of our label product lines.
- Excellent cross-functional communications skills along with working knowledge of full Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting a manufacturing environment in the above areas.
We Would Also Prefer:
- CAD knowledge and experience.
- Experience working with equipment operators and other staff of a manufacturing plant.
- ISO and Six Sigma experience.
- Flexographic Press and / or digital printing experience.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.