Sr. Business Systems Analyst (R8086)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst. The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for understanding the capabilities of multiple enterprise and business solutions and how they interact with one another. This role supports and understands current business processes throughout all departments within the organization; utilizes analysis, IT skills and business knowledge on projects to identify and implement solutions, and facilitates this work with heavy reliance on team based processes.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Manage product backlogs, including entering and maintaining stories, prioritization, sprint planning.
- Interface with business owners to elicit business requirements and identify issues and root cause.
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement that support the business by leveraging current technology use efficiently and effectively.
- Able to navigate the IT team and business owners through various levels of business objectives including business process change, application integration and development needs.
- Effectively deal with ambiguous requirements to create recommended solutions.
- Interface with developers for functional requirements documentation in coding new business requirements.
- Data entry and task completion to support system set up and maintenance.
- Testing and implementation of system changes.
- Assists in the development of documentation for new systems and procedures in various departments and instructs personnel regarding them.
- Report development for business system users.
- Conduct quality and process audits and monitor processes to assure sustainment and compliance to approved methods and quality standards.
- Engage in improvement and delivery of training in the areas of lean, six sigma, quality, and technology.
- Assume the roles of leader, facilitator, project manager, analyst, and/or participant in a wide variety of process improvement, cost reduction, and business growth projects spanning multiple functions including both operations and sales.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related technical area.
- 4+ years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst or Software Developer.
- SQL knowledge will be useful.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as TFS or Jira
- This position requires experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and make decisions that are aligned with company policies and practices.
- Good project management skills.
- Performs a variety of complicated task and business analysis.
- High level of business acumen.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure and/or business needs change.
- Skilled at utilizing dotted line relationships to influence behaviors and accomplish objectives.
- Able to escalate and make problems visible to facilitate completion of initiatives and commitments.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.