Prepress Systems Architect (R8516)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is seeking a Prepress Systems Architect to support the strategic and tactical direction of the intersection of operations and technology within the Taylor Visual Communications Group. Responsibilities include establishing business unit standards and support overall Taylor standards for the area of processing graphic files including workflow, systems and automation in order to produce consistent quality and maximize efficiency across print production assets and facilities. This position will report to the Director of IT - Back Office Technology.
- Work with various levels of leadership to develop a strategic plan for prepress technology, operations and process to deliver consistent quality with efficiency and ongoing deeper automation for workflows.
- Support Operational Leadership in the execution of the strategic plan for processing graphic files and creating color consistency across the print production platform.
- Assess software systems and build strategies for processing graphic files with the least amount of workflow waste and highest quality through automation, make recommendations, and then project manage the execution of approved recommendations for systems upgrades for maintenance or CapEx request across all Taylor Visual Communication Business units in the area of graphics.
- Work with business unit Leaders and IT leaders in making recommendations for upgrades to graphics systems and assets to improve overall production within the Commercial Print & Visual Communication manufacturing footprint, both CapEx and maintenance replacement.
- Support on premise and cloud-based data drive decisions for file processing that meets current needs and supports future growth of the organization.
- Lead the Center of Excellence in Prepress across the Taylor Visual Communications Group.
- Work with the Continuous Improvement Teams and Systems Solutions team to identify areas for process and workflow improvement.
- Lead the effort to build systems to sustain improvement gains through Continuous Improvement Projects and work with Business Unit leaders to implement those systems into the production environment.
- Measure progress towards standards in a using data driven metrics in way that represents the value delivered to the business.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years related/relevant professional experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related/relevant professional experience, preferably Graphic Production Leadership or Technical Support Roles in the following: printing or manufacturing environment, Graphic File job (planning, estimating, scheduling, production or project management) in the print or graphics industry.
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures for Graphic File Production and Processing.
- Ability to make sound business decisions that support customer requirements and improve Operational Efficiency; Business Process Acumen.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain long term relationships with key decision makers.
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public; excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to drive cross-functional collaboration and have working knowledge of e-Commerce and ERP systems.
- Must be a strategic thought leader.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problem that may be unique and sometimes complex.
- Knowledge and experience with Prepress and Graphics systems such as Kodak Prinergy, Alwan Colorhub and EnFocus Pitstop.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, QBR Development, all Graphic’s Relate Software for Production of Graphic Files to Print and Produce Product with, Root Cause Analysis tools.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certifications.
- Strong Project Management skills including the ability to effectively support crisis situations and resolve conflicts.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.