2nd Shift Equipment Operator (R7842)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Bindery Equipment Operator to work in our Jeffersonville, IN location. The position is responsible operating various machines and equipment used in binding and finishing printed documents, books and forms.
- Monday - Friday and scheduled Saturdays
- 2nd Shift - 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM, overtime as required
- Operates equipment such as guillotine cutter, paper drill, poly-wrapper and other bindery equipment to trim, drill or other document finishing functions
- Ensure that all setups are made precisely.
- Make adjustments as needed to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Responsible for machine setups, quality inspections prior to and during run.
- Comply with all quality procedures
- Meet standard rate production expectations.
- Assisting with preventative maintenance of the equipment.
- Keep work area clean and organized in order to ensure a safe work environment.
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Assist in other areas of production as needed.
You Must Have:
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions yet remain focused with attention to details.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and reading a ruler
- Collaborative working style and able to work with a variety of personalities, across multiple departments.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a proven work ethic and ability to perform under pressure
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 + years’ experience with bindery equipment
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.