Equipment Operator - Days (R6767)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking an Equipment Operator to work in our Grove City, OH location. The position is responsible for automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation. Equipment may be related to process such as: cutting, binding, finishing, mailing, engraving and/or imprinting on product.
- Perform all equipment functions as noted on the work order/job ticket.
- Check paper for type, size, color and quantity.
- Visually inspect forms throughout run for quality checks, registrations, looking at inking, numbering sequence, clear impression.
- Coordinate with Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Maintain knowledge of safety requirements of job and equipment; be familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets regarding chemicals used.
- Operate machinery to produce customized jobs.
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures and update maintenance logs.
- Inform supervisor of equipment problems.
- Wear appropriate safety protection as required.
- Participate as a key player in the Production Team by supporting operations as needed.
- Communicate effectively with the Plant Manager, Production Manager and Production Team informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that both sales and customer objectives are met.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company manual.
- Monday – Wednesday, 6am - 6pm.
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- High degree of analytical and mathematical ability
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions
- Must be able to work with very close tolerances
- Must be able to communicate with other press operators
- Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds required
We Would Also Prefer:
- Production Equipment operation experience
- Mailing/Inserting experience (Pitney Bowes/BlueCrest experience)
- Job Shop experience
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.