Equipment Operator (R5940)
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Taymark Inc. is seeking an Equipment Operator with a good personality, good computer skills, and can work independently. The position is responsible for providing our customers with high-quality, short-run cuts that will be a quality product and delivered timely. Operator will set up and run Zund cutting tables.
- Monday-Friday, Saturday as needed, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
- Reviews cutting work orders for special instructions
- Ensures that production deadlines are met
- Cuts and boxes finished work orders
- Ensures quality standards of cut products
- Cleans, services, adjusts, and makes routine equipment repairs
- Maintains records of production output
- Ensure required resources are available in order to complete job (cut files)
- Evaluate output and make adjustments to obtain a desired level of cut quality
- Respond appropriately to fault, error, and alert messages
- Contact and interface with customer support as necessary
- Monitor and report environmental changed that may impact equipment performance (humidity & temperature).
- Ensure proper paper handling, conditioning, and loading.
- Make productivity recommendations to workflow
You Must Have:
- Experience operating high volume, networked systems
- Desktop application and related cutting software experience
- Knowledge of various finishing operations and equipment
We Would Also Prefer:
- Previous cutting or Zund experience
- Basic mechanical abilities and motor skills
- Knowledge of various types of cutting systems as well as their differences
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.