Senior Network Engineer (R3065 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to work in Dayton, OH. This position is responsible for managing the corporate LAN/WAN, ensuring effective connectivity for remote companies and managing Data Center network infrastructures to ensure uptime and performance requirements are met. This position will also research, develop and present recommendations to management for network efficiency improvements, modifications, and growth/expansion opportunities.
- Manages a critical Hosting network including Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Border Routers, and Cisco Nexus switches.
- Prepares, deploys, and supports network equipment across the entire enterprise LAN/WAN. This includes ensuring all routers and switches are running optimally, monitoring network performance and making recommendations for improvements.
- Manages the Wireless LAN, develops and manages programs to maintain stable wireless network connectivity, prevent unauthorized access, and adhere to wireless security policies.
- Perform on call services (after normal business hours) for network related issues/concerns.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, LAN and WAN
- Knowledge and understanding of routing and switching (STP, VSS, vPC, EIGRP, BGP)
- 5+ years’ experience in a related field
- Ability to lead and offer ideas and direction
- Ability to teach and coach other employees
- Ability to make decisions, trouble shoot and problem solve
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate efficiently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic understanding of Windows Server OS
- Experience with enterprise WAN technologies (MPLS, DMVPN, QoS, PBR, PfR, WAAS)
- Experience with firewall policy management
- Knowledge and experience with Data Center network infrastructures
About our Company:
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.