Business Development Manager (R8379)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team! In this hunting role, you will be responsible for establishing and closing new business relationships with companies that promote products and services directly to other consumers or other businesses by researching, qualifying, contacting, presenting and closing new clients based on an annual goal. Your focus is on identifying, developing, and presenting value-driven solutions.
- Be an individual contributor driving significant revenue growth by using general business acumen to uncover prospect business needs and identify how Taylor solutions can help prospects achieve their business goals
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements
- Create and deliver compelling, customized sales presentations that address the core business issues and opportunities faced by the prospect
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal and third party partners that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers
- Stay current on industry trends and personnel moves among prospect organizations
- Be a positive representative of Taylor and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience being the top-performer in a sales/hunter role
Skills And Competencies
- Hunter that enjoys prospecting, cold calling and needs based selling
- Understanding of complex and lengthy sales cycles and how to create achievable milestones and deliver meticulous follow-up
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make compelling presentations to an audience of diverse and senior business stakeholders
- Keep detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions using Salesforce.com.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals
- Must be strategic, flexible, tenacious, results-oriented
- Adept at dealing with a constantly changing environment
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.