Director, Child Care Center (R8404)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Golden Heart, a child care center within the Taylor Corporation family, is seeking a new Director in Mankato, MN! As the Director of the Child Care Center, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and welfare for children from ages 6 weeks to 6 years old, as well as providing a positive environment for children to thrive and our Center staff to grow. Our staff believes in the importance of establishing and fostering positive relationships with children, staff, parents, and within the Mankato community as a whole.
We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more!
- Hiring, engaging, training, and developing a team of qualified and caring staff to be passionate and committed professionals, allowing them to meet the needs of each individual child, treating each child with dignity and respect, and develop positive relationships with parents
- Partnering with parents around a shared desire to provide the best care for their children
- Cultivating positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and partners
- Ensuring licensing standards are met
- Ensuring curriculum and developmentally-appropriate practices are in place and effectively delivered to various age groups
- Assisting staff with the weekly development and execution of the curriculum and program activities
- Financial operations of the center including annual budget preparation and the purchasing of equipment and supplies
- Positively represent the Center with parents and within the community
- Ensuring a safe environment for the children in our care and staff members
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in a leadership role
- All licensing requirements of the MN Department of Human Services and be willing and able to fulfill the responsibilities in accordance with the Center’s policies and philosophy
- Ability to excel at relating well to children and adults and a proven ability to build relationships with families and staff to create a dynamic environment where children can learn and grow
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple situations
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to move quickly to assist children, lift up to 60 pounds, see and hear activities of the children, be outdoors in all seasons, and also easily move up and down
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.