Purchasing Clerk (R7247)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is looking for a Purchasing Clerk in our Las Vegas, NV location. The Purchasing Clerk is responsible for the overall administrative duties related to the purchasing and sourcing area. This role will compile and maintain information and records to prepare purchase orders and will work closely with the receiving to ensure proper arrival of supplies. Additionally, this position will interface with all departments to resolve issues and overall supply status.
- Performs clerical and administrative duties related to the purchasing
- Executes the purchasing of supplies and services and processes POs based on approved requisitions for materials, inventory and merchandise
- Compiles and maintains information and records to prepare purchase orders
- Works closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived
- Ensures the verification of invoices against original orders to ascertain compliance with all conditions of purchase prior to payment
- Contact vendors and suppliers for quotations, and follow up on outstanding purchase orders
- Establish and build upon relationship with vendors and provide initial negotiations as needed
- Manage outsource purchases
- Applies standard formulas to calculate extensions and discount applications
- Assists other departments when required
- Complete month end inventory reports
- Produce and maintain purchasing reports / records
- Ensure compliance to FSC standards and handle yearly audit
- Actively participate and contribute to continuous process improvements
- Meet required timelines while ensuring accuracy and quality of work
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and communications both internal and external to Curtis 1000
You Must Have:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years purchasing/buying or inventory management experience required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain positive vendor relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to multi-task projects and meet deadlines in both a team environment and on an individual basis
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional math and spreadsheet skills
- Proficient in EFI Monarch, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.