Quality Assurance Technician - Lab (R6392)
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance or research setting. Duties usually consist of making measurements and performing several routine quantitative and qualitative biological or chemical analytical tests according to standard procedures. Assists higher level technicians in setup of laboratory equipment and in recording data for experiments and procedures. Requires knowledge in using various instruments to prepare for and perform tests. Performs routine and safety program checks and preventive maintenance on instruments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory work according to prescribed standards.
- Determines chemical and physical characteristics or composition.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Collects and analyzes samples. Performs simple laboratory tests according to prescribed standards.
- Tests samples to verify conformity to specifications. Records test results and writes test reports describing procedures used.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment.
- May prepare graphs and charts.
- May calibrate laboratory instruments.
- May prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- May add chemicals or raw materials to process solutions or product batches to correct or establish formulation required to meet specifications.
- May be required to travel.
- May require availability outside of normal business hours.
EDUCATION: Typically requires Associate’s Degree in related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Entry-level; no experience required with degree. A minimum of 2 years related experience required to substitute for degree.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm™ Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or email@example.com.