Press / Print Operating Technician (R5822)
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Printing Press Operator at our facility located in Dallas, TX.
- Carry out accurately and precisely detailed instructions from job orders. Identify possible errors or problems and take prompt action to correct them.
- Assist in set up/adjust press for job runs to meet specifications.
- Help monitor equipment during job runs. Remain alert to mechanical problems and refer as necessary to maintenance.
- Initiate the start-up and running of jobs in keeping with production schedule when there isn’t a lead operator.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and upkeep. Submit work orders for press maintenance or repair as necessary.
- Complete with accuracy-related logs and paperwork as required.
- 12 hour rotation schedule
You Must Have:
- Training and/or on-the-job experience equivalent to apprenticeship completion on the rotary web press
- Ability to understand and apply detailed information.
- Ability to learn and operate computerized equipment on presses.
- Knowledge of paper stocks, inks and related materials/techniques used in the printing industry.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job. (lifting, standing, machine noise)
- Ability to meet performance and quality standards.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Two years of flexographic press operator experience at journey level.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status