Software Developer (R4209)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Software Developer to join our technology team. This will an addition to the team due to business growth. Here at Taylor we strive to maintain a modern technology stack, leveraging industry leading practices for success.
- Design, develop, test, implement and document software applications.
- Assure that all work performed on projects adheres to standards.
- Work with limited direction on assignments.
- Stays current with software and industry trends.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Production.
- Not a user interface or database-management centric role.
You Must Have:
- 3+ years’ experience object-oriented design/development using general purpose languages
- Ability to handle and keep track of a multitude of assignments at one time
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills and a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Expertise with Windows development environment
- C#, .NET Framework, data structures, TSQL Experience
- Experience in web-based technologies and development, ASP.NET, WCF, REST, HTML/CSS
- Software design patterns
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully in a deadline-intensive environment
- Ability to learn quickly, self-teach, take initiative and adapt easily to changes
We Would Also Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or science-related area
- Proven PDF/Postscript Technology Experience (Parsing, Generating, Manipulating)
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.