Equipment Operator - 2nd Shift (R6918)
Come work with us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Navitor Specialty Products (a Taylor Corporation Company) is looking for a Press Operator to be responsible for set up and operation of equipment to meet the specifications of the customer's order. Navitor Specialty Products leads the way in wholesale, personalized specialty products including custom stamps and embossers, engraved products, badges, signs and banners. We leverage state-of-the-art print technology to bring customers high-quality products in a timely, worry free manner.
- This is a full-time opportunity, 2nd Shift (Monday - Thursday 2:15 pm – 11:45 pm, Friday 2:15 pm - 6:15 pm).
You Must Have:
- Set up, operate and maintain production to meet job specifications on production orders, proofs and supplied samples
- Troubleshoot mechanical and printing issues. Make adjustments and corrections to meet production and quality standards
- Work with vendors as needed to install, repair, or troubleshoot equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and mi
- nor repairs of press, delivery, feeder, coater and other equipment
- Reproduce color to match proofs, samples and specifications utilizing both visual and instrumentation match process
- Assist in product development by producing samples on press and giving expert input
- Assist in new equipment installations
- Assist in training of new employees
- Keep Supervisor informed of any concerns or issues that would compromise quality, schedules or safety
- Perform work to meet production standards, schedules and deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and challenging environment
- Is a team player with a positive attitude and positive interaction with others
- Has strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to utilize learn computer program for order processing
- Basic math skills required
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift
- Ability to lift and/or up to 20-40 pounds on a consistent basis
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.