Sr. Systems Engineer (R1814)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer, highly skilled in VMware / Hyper-V to support our core data centers and expand services nationally and globally. Exposed to a wide variety of cool technology, you will be part of our collaborative server operations team responsible for maintaining the data center environments and ensuring all customer server environments (both physical and virtual) are secure, operational, and highly available through continuous proactive monitoring, customer support, and scheduled maintenance. If you enjoy troubleshooting and resolving different technical issues while gaining in-depth experience, then come join our team!
- Builds, upgrades, configures, provisions and installs servers from scratch spanning different platforms and configurations.
- Performs basic monitoring, troubleshooting and repair of all aspects of servers, operating systems and hardware.
- Responds to customer impacting events. Diagnose, resolve and communicate problems.
- Performs routine maintenance activities on customer server environments. Upgrades and downgrades servers. Removes hardware from server environments.
- Manage system patching and upgrade process. Maintain server information and audit for to ensure all systems are compliant.
- Acting as a hands-on senior technical resource for several systems administrators while coaching, training, and directing the work of junior teammates
- Pre-implementation project planning and post implementation documentation skills.
- 5+ years rack mount server and blade system deployment, configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting experience.
- 5+ years storage systems experience, deployment, configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting. (Dell Compellent preferred)
- 5+ years experience with deploying virtualized infrastructures (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V). Experience with ESX VMware server technologies and relevant training or certifications.
- Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server technologies (including clustering) and relevant training or certifications (MCSE or MCP certifications)
- Experience performing second- and third-level Windows server operations support at mid- to large-scale enterprise
- Experience with Linux operating system environments (preferred)
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor issues inside the Data Center.
- Understanding of, and experience with, disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Basic understanding of network protocols, principles and concepts including the ability to troubleshoot local connectivity issues.
- Preferred candidate will have experience with service management framework such as ITIL and operating within a change approval procedure.
- Experience creating and implementing a systems administration and improvement program to maximize uptime and service delivery in accordance with business needs and priorities ideal but not required.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.