AR/AP Representative II (R2963)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a AR/AP Representative II to work in our Dayton, Ohio location. The position is responsible for initiating communications (verbal and written) with delinquent customers to collect payments and resolve accounts. Should be familiar with standard collection concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to rely on experience and judgment to interact with customers and accomplish goals. Must be a self-starter with creativity, discipline and drive to accomplish the goal of the position and the team.
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 PM. 40 hours per week.
- Serves as the initial A/R contact person for external and internal customers regarding Business to Business A/R collections, problems, and questions
- Maintains accuracy, integrity, and completion of the accounts receivable portfolio by resolving invoice disputes and collecting past due balances
- Consistently demonstrates ability to collect all accounts
- Establishes a good working relationship with customer/sales
- Maintains a high service level in a professional, courteous, businesslike manner
- Confer with Credit Manager to determine credit limits, payment schedules, and/or recommending suspension of open account terms or placement in collections on accounts with unsatisfactory payment records
- Effectively achieve individual and department objectives as set forth at periodic intervals
You Must Have:
- 2-4 years of experience in business to business collections or in a related area
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent work history in attendance, punctuality, and performance
- Strong organization skills with ability to track activities and follow up
- Good math skills
- Tactful/Professional telephone etiquette
- Ability to work well in a flexible, fast-paced team environment
We Would Also Prefer:
- Associate's degree or its equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting methods and business operations
- Experience in use of Microsoft applications (Strong emphasis in Word & Excel)
- Analytical, root cause analysis, and problem solving skills with ability to take initiative
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.