Finance Manager (R7925)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking a Finance Manager to lead all Finance and Accounting functions related to the sales/procurement of the operating company. This position provides extensive financial analysis, leadership and recommendations to Senior Leadership in order to achieve our operational strategies and financial goals. The role is located in Amsterdam, NY and reports to the Enterprise Promo President.
- Work with functional leaders to prioritize, communicate, analyze and execute on annual business initiatives.
- Responsible for financial management and oversight for sales and
- Oversee the professional development and tactical execution against annual plans for the financial staff.
- Plan and facilitate monthly financial review ensuring the reviews are balanced, data driven, and focused on continuous business improvement.
- Be intentional about advancing and enhancing financial acumen among company leaders and staff.
- Collaborate with operations to establish key metrics and ensure major assets of the organization are correctly valued and operating efficiently. This includes working to ensure inventory is properly valued, labor is being properly managed, expenditures have proper approval, etc.
- Partner in forecasting expectations for Revenue, Gross Margin Performance and Expenses based on business trends and market conditions.
- Ensure proper internal controls and financial integrity for Revenue, Cost of Goods Produced and Inventory.
- Ensure annual budgeting is completed in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining budget ownership with the department and business leaders.
- Monthly financial accounting is done timely and correctly. Institute and sustain proper accounting practices and controls. Ensure financial statements accurately reflect the financial position and performance of the organization. Support staff and leaders in developing understanding of accounting best practices.
- Work with Taylor Corporation’s financial team to ensure compliance to corporate timelines and policies.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 7+ years of experience in finance/accounting with proven progression of responsibilities in financial analysis and internal controls maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general and cost accounting (GAAP)
- Proven track record of leading and developing finance teams.
- Possess a positive, consultative mindset that promotes improvements in operating effectiveness, efficiency and net income.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates professional presence, communicates articulately and confidently.
- Change Agent. The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes.
- Ability to get results; can proactively and autonomously drive initiatives and projects from start to finish.
- Ability to prepare executive-level summaries, conclusions and recommendations based on detail data.
- Highly curious; strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to drive issues to resolution.
We Would Also Prefer:
- CPA or CMA
- Experience with Lean Accounting Principles, Practices and Tools
- Experience with Six-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques and metrics
- Experience working with Direct Marketing companies.
- Previously served as primary financial partner to functional or divisional leadership with P/L responsibility.
- Experience working with multiple ERP’s and large databases.
- Experience with implementation of new Financial and/or ERP systems.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.