Estimating Representative (R7310)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Navitor, a division of Taylor Corporation, is seeking an Estimating/Sourcing Representative responsible for the quick and efficient processing of quotes for multiple product lines and maintaining a balance between company profitability and the ability to secure the order.
- Receive and respond to quote requests from the sales group and our customers
- Understand the “cost” pricing structure; factors such as material cost, spoilage, and make ready
- Estimate job costs and apply the appropriate markup based on product category
- Maintain estimating system; close quotes, de-activate old quotes, add/change supplier codes and contact names
- Research appropriate sources for quotes by utilizing the supplier database/library
- Document all pertinent information related to the specifications on the quote file
- Analyze vendor pricing and negotiate vendor costs
- Quote alternative items as needed to meet requirements and secure the order
- Provide strategic quotes for better than price book prices as requested and approved by management
- Proactively follow-up and communicate quote status to Sales Representatives
- Meet or exceed success ratio as outlines in performance standards
- Work with suppliers to gain knowledge of their production capabilities, learn about new products
- Organize workflow within the department to meet deadlines
- Monday – Friday 8a – 4:30p; some flexibility available
You Must Have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic understanding of the print process along with basic paper knowledge; paper grades
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from management, customers, sales representatives, and employees
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and draw and interpret graphs; Strong math skills.
- Ability to manage telephone calls professionally and efficiently; ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Ability to work well under pressure; work with diverse personalities and deal effectively with conflict
- Strong work ethic; be dependable, accountable, and display a sense of urgency
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook system to include calendar, e-mail, task list, etc.; excellent computer (Microsoft Office Suite) and data entry skills
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to create spreadsheets with simple formulas
- Ability to use experience and independent judgment to make effective decisions
- Excellent problem solving (think outside the box), follow-up, decision making, and organizational skills
- Attention to details with minimal errors
We Would Also Prefer:
- Advanced negotiation skills and knowledge of press capabilities and printing procedures.
- A two or four year degree
- Knowledge and the ability to use computerized estimating systems, Monarch, and Kodak Upfront Production Planning Software
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.