Associate Product/Brand Manager (R5360)
Taymark Inc. is seeking a Product Brand Manager in our Merchandising Department to assist in the development and execution of merchandising strategy, product development, line extension and pricing strategy. The Product Brand Manager collects data related to brand performance, competitiveness, and trends in the marketplace and recommends strategies based on research and analysis. Ensures the product integrity of catalogs and websites, pricing goals and product presentation. Evaluates alternative courses of action to minimize sales impacts of margin improvement efforts and to ensure reaction to marketplace changes. Applies individual strengths wherever necessary to create opportunity and security for yourself and your co-workers.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Develop effective product line strategies to specific marketing campaigns (catalogs, web sites, telesales, etc.) based upon analysis of performance in campaigns
- Develop effective product strategies based upon sales, margin and advertising expense analysis of historical data for assigned categories
- Evaluate competitive pricing information and implement pricing strategy and price changes based upon market structure
- Attend trade shows, if assigned, to research new ideas and market place trends in order to maintain competitive positioning in the marketplace
- Assess, develop and test new products and new product categories in order to increase sales and margin
- Manage products through the development cycle; ensure final product appeals to customers, ensure cost effective development, manufacturing, packaging and pricing to affect profitability
- Manage inventory levels to maintain proper levels for selling as well as the ability to recognize and implement excessive inventory strategies.
- Demonstrate understanding of product, marketing campaign and brand P&L’s; mail plans/contact streams, ecommerce, systems, reporting and the internal processes for a product
- Ensure department compliance to margin goals, evaluate and implement new methods of cost reductions on an on-going basis
- Ensure accurate system and collateral data to provide the most accurate and compelling product information possible
- Manage and determine catalog pagination and site categorization to ensure customer appeal and effective flow in collaboration with the online marketing team
- Ensure the integrity of the internet presentation, including merchandising strategy goals, pricing goals, product presentation and effective implementation in collaboration with the online marketing team
- Work with the Marketing, E-Commerce and Creative teams to develop catalog, other direct mail, telesales and online strategy, promotions, campaigns and pagination
- College degree and multiple years in a multi-channel marketing environment, with emphasis in product management and development in direct mail and online marketing channels.
- 2+ years product development experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including; Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, multi-task, and be able to take ownership of multiple brands, but also be able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, and manage several tasks / projects at one time
- Strong analytical skills in order to evaluate opportunities as well as to evaluate effectiveness of programs and determine go forward plans
- Ability to travel (20% of time) if assigned.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taymark Inc. is a Taylor Corporation company located in White Bear Lake MN, provides a full range of products and services to recognize the achievements of school aged children and the celebration marking milestones in their lives. We will respond with products for schools, teachers, parents, advisors and coaches to help develop children’s pride and confidence in their achievements and provide lasting memories of celebrations of significant events in their formative years. Taymark also provides Business Communication products such as; Letterhead, Stationery, Brochures, Post Cards, Holiday cards, Recognition certificates and jackets etc. Business units within Taymark include: Elementary & Middle School, High School & Prom, PaperDirect, Idea Art, M&N Party and Fulfillment (Pick & Pack and Wide-Format Digital Print)
Taymark is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.