Retail Display Designer and Engineer (R5842)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Vectra Visual is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Vectra.
Your Opportunity: Vectra Visual is looking for a Retail Display Designer and Engineer.
As a Retail Display Designer and Engineer, you will provide creative insights, research, and technical expertise to inspire discovery and experimentation. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including creative, pre-press, project management, and production team members. The ideal candidate will meet complex challenges with imaginative state of the art approaches and solutions and must possess a deep knowledge and expertise in materials, construction, and fixture design. You will create proof of concept prototypes in digital and help refine physical prototypes to finished designs.
- Create visual presentations for proposals, pitches, new business responses, and project deliverables
- Generate a wide range of graphic solutions; data visualizations, icons, conceptual illustrations, photo/image treatments
- Uphold standards of design excellence through quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Generates innovative ideas for 2D and 3D design projects including graphics and/or environments
- Create original design solutions and communicate and present design concepts to Creative Director or other team partners
- Work with design leader and category team to ensure design feasibility, budget, merchandising needs, and overall program needs
- Produces electronic files for production purposes
- Gain continuing knowledge and experience regarding company philosophy, products, and processes
- Design consultation and feasibility reviews
- Interpreting a flat 2D design and creating a vision in 3D
- Create and deliver iterative trials for proof of concept
- Innovative and complex problem-solving including ideation and inspiration through
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree in design, technical design, industrial design, architecture, or related field
- 5 years experience in retail display design and construction methodologies
- Additional 3 years industry experience in lieu of a degree
- Expert proficiency and experience with relevant CAD software such as Sketchup, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
- The ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing
- The capacity for timely response to feedback from project leaders
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess an understanding of end to end creative process
- Possess a creative and innovative design thinking spirit
- A masterful command of the craft of design, with the ability to consistently achieve compelling solutions
- Technical design experience with a focus on print production and structural build of temporary and semi-permanent fixtures and displays
- Advanced knowledge of various design skills including drawing, sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, texture, spacing, scale, and visual presentation
- Manufacturing methodology
- Proficiency with Mac design applications
We Would Also Prefer:
- Background and/or knowledge and passion for the retail industry, footwear, outdoor lifestyle, apparel, cosmetics
- Research and exploration of current trends
- Strong familiarity with current trends in color, and design
About Vectra Visual:
With two logistically perfect facilities located on the east and west coast, Vectra Visual's “Find a way, or make one” attitude, combined with our ability to offer services within the entire spectrum of of the retail display production business from design to installation enables us to fulfill the requests of the world’s most respected and forward-thinking retailers. It’s just what we do. So think of us as “the creatives behind the creatives” — It’s our job to ensure you and your brand look amazing.
Vectra Visual is a member of the Taylor Corporation family of companies. Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; profit sharing; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Vectra Visual is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For more information, visit www.vectravisual.com.