General Maintenance Worker (R8499)
Come Work With Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Maintenance Technician in Dallas, Texas. This person will be responsible for machine set up, troubleshooting, and repairs of our envelope converting and other highly technically equipment required to meet deadlines.
- 1st Shift
- Perform general maintenance on equipment and the facility
- Assist Manufacturing Service Techs with repairs where two people are needed
- Clean the anilox, using the prescribed method and equipment
- Operate the floor-cleaning equipment in production
- Perform general janitorial tasks that arise during the day
- Perform preventive maintenance on production equipment
- Perform odd jobs, as needed.
You Must Have:
- Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in the English language
- High School education or equivalent
- General maintenance ability
- Ability to lift, push, or pull items weighing 50 pounds.
- Ability to establish/maintain positive working relationships with various levels of associates within the plant
- Work directly with production associates and management to problem-solve and correct production issues that will ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Ability to multitask and maintain focus on priorities a must.
- Perform preventive and routine equipment maintenance according to established schedules.
- Complete required paperwork, work orders, and equipment logs using a computer
We Would Also Prefer:
- High school diploma or GED
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 5 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.