Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Communications is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking an Accountant to join our Finance team in Dayton, OH who is eager to make an immediate impact.
In this role, you will be supporting the Director of Accounting with the monthly close by creating journal entries, performing detailed reconciliations, recommending process improvements, documenting processes, assisting/leading with various small projects & financial reporting & flux analysis.
- Complete assigned journal entries during close
- Complete assigned reconciliations during close
- Help establish accurate P&L reporting by Channel
- Complete balance sheet flux analysis & bring issues to management attention during close
- Create formal processes
- Lead cross training in the Accounting department
- Facilitate working sessions to define, solution and scope projects.
- Help organize project management timelines
- Develop and present SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards best practices & continuous process improvement.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Must have some ERP experience (i.e. Oracle/Infor/SAP, etc.)
- Ability to work Full Time, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Ability to work longer hours during close to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of internal controls & internal control compliance
- Strong curiosity to understand processes & help drive more accurate and timely results
- Effective oral and written communication skills, interfacing with customers, software engineers, internal peers, management, and leadership.
- Ability to develop training materials & SOP’s
- Work well with teams or in team environments
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Work independently and prioritize multiple competing assignments appropriately to meet deadlines while adjusting to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to operate effectively under conditions of moderate ambiguity
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power-Point, Outlook, Visio, Project
We Would Also Prefer:
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.