1st Shift Press/Print Operating Technician (R8129)
Start a new career with us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Press / Print Operating Technician III
• Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
• Carry out accurately and precisely detailed instructions from job orders. Identify possible errors or problems and take prompt action to correct.
• Set up/adjust press for job runs to meet specifications.
• Monitor product for quality during job runs. Check preciseness of detail against specifications. Take action to correct any problems.
• Monitor equipment during job runs. Remain alert to mechanical problems and refer as necessary to maintenance.
• Initiate the start up and running of jobs in keeping with production schedule.
• Perform routine equipment maintenance and upkeep.
• Meet standards for output, waste, and spoilage.
• Adhere to all safety guidelines. Keep workspace clean and organized for efficiency in shift changeovers.
• Complete with accuracy related logs and paperwork.
• General Examples: Manufacturing Tech III, Printer 6+ large format high speed multi-color and multi-process
You Must Have:
• Mechanical and technical skills/aptitude
• Basic math skills to read ruler and calculate label dimensions for stock optimization
• Ability to operate equipment to obtain proficiency as measured through production and quality standards
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions for work orders
• Ability to communicate professionally
• Strong attention to detail
We Would Also Prefer:
• Ability to distinguish colors
• Experience in a production related environment
• High school education or equivalent
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.