Equipment Operator (Direct Mail) - Temporary - 2nd Shift (2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.) (R4452)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: An energetic Direct Mail enthusiast is needed for inkjetting and inserting activities. Organizational skills are essential. Candidates familiar with the Toyota Production System, Five S, and Lean Principles are encouraged to apply.
- Monday – Friday, 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Read job ticket and follow all information on job ticket pertaining to a specific job and determine how to run the job
- Prepare press for operation and direct equipment on required setup and adjustments
- Match the job proof to an accurate sample
- Run jobs following order specifications
- Follow documented QC procedures; produce quality products that align with job and customer specifications
- Inspect final materials during production and change controls to correct any mistakes
- Perform routine operational maintenance and repairs on equipment
You Must Have:
- Ability to stand for full shift and lift up to 25lbs daily
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to read and follow job specifications
- Strong mechanical aptitude; ability to problem solve technical issues and provide recommendations
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
We Would Also Prefer:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience printing experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of the Toyota Production System
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.