Shag Truck Driver, 2nd shift (R4677)
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is seeking a 2nd shift, shag truck driver with a CDL. This employee will be pulling and spotting trailers 8-10 hours a day, organizing drop trailers and assisting OTR drivers drop on yard when needed. A yard check with product protection rounds will be part of the daily responsibilities.
- Serve the plant without keeping the plant waiting for trailer spotting.
- Make sure that all trailers dropped off are safe and clean when the carriers bring them.
- Ensure that all PP rounds are completed in a timely manner and report any abnormalities immediately to your supervisor.
- Yard safety is a must.
- Ensure dock lights are not pulled without a green light outside.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must have a CDL.
- Applicants must be able to be motivated and have an understanding of pulling and spotting trailers for the entire plant safely.
- Applicants must have a general knowledge of Carrier and ThermoKing units.
- Applicants must also have a general knowledge of air brakes.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, grasp, lift, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in hot and cold weather conditions.
- Ability to read and write, as required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug test.
- Good verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrate ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or email@example.com.