Purchasing Supervisor, Operations (R6970)
Purchasing Supervisor, Operations
HyLife in Windom Minnesota a division of the Hylife organization is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a Purchasing Supervisor, Operations located in the vibrant community of Windom, MN.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- Planning and replenishing inventory levels efficiently, using purchase order tools
- Finding solutions to inventory shortages and challenges
- Analyzing inventory trends to meet business growth
- Ensuring accuracy of orders received and correcting when necessary
- Sourcing requisitioned items to support maintenance and production
- Developing relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Managing and updating item card information
- Running reports and smartlists using Great Plains
- Working closely with other purchasing staff and the procurement team
- Other duties as assigned
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- College diploma or degree in Business Administration (an asset) and/or 3+ years of experience in Procurement
- Experience with inventory management, purchasing and distribution
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP system
- Process and results oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Good negotiating skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical capabilities and the ability to optimize
- Ability to adapt to change in a faced-paced environment
- Team player and customer service oriented
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team, refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled