Account Manager (R8171)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic marketing leader with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a Taylor Corporation company, is seeking an Account Manager to coordinate internal activities related to the development, growth and retention of key accounts. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with senior decision makers within these accounts.
- Functions as the lead point of contact for the Customer and is an extension of the customer’s business for Curtis.
- Acts as a liaison between the Customer, cross functional internal teams, and vendors, to insure timely and successful delivery of our products, services and solutions according to the customer’s needs.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key customer personnel including those at the Executive level.
- Responsible for customer communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on contract deliverables.
- Problem solve by using root cause analysis and 5 Whys technique, to develop a course of action, implement a plan of action and to measure the effectiveness of solutions with minimal direction.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives including documenting and maintaining operating procedures per the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Perform data analytics to draw conclusions and make recommendations for improved service, process changes and/or financial improvements.
- Partner with other department team members to resolve complex customer inquiries and concerns including understanding who and when to escalate within the internal organization.
- Coordinate customer business reviews including preparation of professional customer presentations, gathering of performance metric data and participating in customer meetings.
- Conduct customer needs assessments to proactively identify business development opportunities to meet sales performance and financial targets, sales volume; Collaborate with Sales to jointly meet requirements.
You Must Have:
- A 4 year degree plus at least 2 years of related/relevant professional experience, preferably in customer service or account management specifically, and one or more of the following: printing or manufacturing environment, job planning, estimating or scheduling, or project management.
- Ability to use effective listening skills and recognize key issues, understand trends, and develop the customer’s vision on how our service could be utilized to solve their problems.
- Relies on experience, judgment, and an understanding of the customer’s industry to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to understand key prospect business issues and position products and services accordingly.
- Superb written and oral communication skills along with public presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain long term relationships with key decision makers.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, QBR Development, and Root Cause Analysis tools.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects; excellent project management skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and exceptional organizational skills.
We Would Prefer:
- 4 year College Degree plus at least 3 years of related/relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Query Access/Use/Modify/Build in database systems
- Meeting Coordination, QBR Development, and working knowledge of e-commerce systems, working knowledge of ERP, Inventory Management Processes, QMS Process Creation and Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis Tools
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.